Thursday, March 30, 2006

Message from Isla's Mum



Hi Everyone, Just want to say thank you for all your thoughts and best wishes to Duncan, myself and our gorgeous daughter, Isla. Isla is doing very well and has been moved from the intensive care to the special care nursery where I am now able to give her more attention myself, like changing her nappies, giving her washes, trying to breastfeed and give her kangaroo cuddles (skin to skin). She is so special and we can't believe we have her. I am now commuting between home and hospital, and I feel like I am permanantly attached to the breast pump... but it is all worth it. My heart just melts when she opens her eyes and looks at me and I never knew how much love you can have for your child. And to add to that, when I see Duncan with her, I swear I am falling in love with him all over again.

So here are some more recent photos of our girl, she is 6 days old today. She is still under phototherapy for her slight jaundice but she is now finished her antibiotics, she no longer has any tubes into her naval and she is breathing well in normal air. While she is not breastfeeding for long, she is being feed through a tube down her mouth and she is getting more and more expressed breast milk each day. This means when it's Duncan's turn to change her nappy, he always seems to get the pleasure of the pooey one!




1 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Blogger Sue said...

MORE PHOTOS OF MY NIECE PLEASE !!!!

Aunty Sue
xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home